Saturday 22 October 2011

Concrete Jungle where Dreams are made

Me and Goofy, out on Safari
Alright, So I'm not in New York, but I am now in york and its all very new to me so I feel the title is still relevant to the blog in hand.

Now it has to be said that I do appear to have abandoned my blog over the last few months. I cant pretend they have been the best months of my life and I was terribly scared that the blog would end up being a moan which I am against on principle! That being said I did go on Holiday in September which was simply amazing! I have a whole written out blog come diary of the two weeks sitting on my computer but for some reason I just had no inclination to post it. Two weeks in Florida are always just what the Doctor ordered, outstanding weather, excellent customer service and the most theatrical place on earth, Disney.

Main Street USA
It really was outstanding, The Magic Kingdom is just one of those places where you cannot help but smile. Walking down Main Street USA having just entered the park with Cinderella Castle up infront of you, characters swarming around you not to mention Barbershop Quartets, ice cream shops and the occasional sighting of a rather famous mouse is, dare I be cliche and say it, a magical feeling.

Over the course of the two week I saw some of the best shows that I have ever seen, but it has to be said in many ways the whole place is a show, the moment you step through the turnstyles you are on there stage and are in the hands of the 'cast members' who I found will forever go out of their way to make sure that you are having the best time possible.

Mr Goofy
Before I close on the subject of Disney, as I am sure all the talk of it is boring you intensely, I have to mention two things, Characters and Fireworks. I have to be honest, I am a big kid when it comes to meeting the characters, I love to go up and get an autograph in the book and a photo with them. The character performers are simply brilliant, they are prepared for every situation whether it be a small child that is scared of the giant mouse, creating the perfect photo or dealing with a big kid like me! Not to mention the fact that they do it all without speaking.
The fireworks have to be mentioned, while I was there I saw four different firework displays, all perfectly timed to a musical accompaniment, all with a storyline, a message and one heck of an impact. I think to conclude it has to be said that what makes Disney special is that they always get it right and I am determined to go back in the not too distant future!

I will now, as promised, move the blog on to York. It has been rather a wild ride getting here but now I am here I am totally thrilled. The course is just excellent and I am pleased to say that I have already made some friends, always a positive when your as socially awkward as I can be at times. Yesterday I painted myself blue in the name of Fancy Dress... nothing ever changes.

The original Angry Bird
Societies have been very exciting, I have joined a choir, got involved with a Pantomime and I am hopefully going to get involved with the University of York Radio station. I have, since the age of 9, been a lover of radio and am super excited to be involved with a station in some capacity.

Being so far away from everyone from back home is rather tough I cant lie, Missing my angels, the old man, and of course my parents especially. But soon we will be reunited and it will literally be fine. Perhaps the oddest thing so far about moving away has been celebrating my Birthday away from home, for the first time in 19 years I was not with my parents on by Birthday however Cards, both from old friends and new made the day much brighter than it potentially could have been! Not to mention a belated present of a wooden spook from my Grandma! Epic!

Its time to march onwards I think, new day, new challenge.

To Isengard!

No comments:

Post a Comment