Wednesday 3 August 2011

You've got a fast car...

Whats that? Two blogs in as many days? I know right? But I just felt I had to blog today, I think it stems directly from the fact I'm not really tired but Im just a cynic at heart.

Sang with Bournemouth Funky today, nice to have a good sing song again, sing a song or two without worrying about whether I am in teh correct diagonall or what the next dance move is. Singing with another branch of funky is quite odd really though basically the concept is the same and all the songs are the same its the little things that change, when the unversal breath point is, how things are pronounced, moments when the Rhythm is not strictly observed. Fun to try and adapt to their new way of doing things.

Directly following singing with Funky went off to see Cars 2. I'll be brutally honest, is it a good film? Probably not the best, did I enjoy it? Hell yes. It was colourful, fun and a good chance to escape the dullness of our day to day lives. This film focuses far more on Mater rather than his Racecar friend Lightening McQueen. Its a move for the better I think, the romance side is far smaller and we end up with a Spy film but with Cars. Brilliant. Gadgets and visual spectacles ahoy. Some brilliant representations of London in there as well as a witty script and abouve all it was, unlike the first film, fast paced. If you are looking for the next Inception or Kings Speech I advise you now not to go anywhere near Cars 2, but if you want to smile for 2 hours head down to the cinema ASAP and get a ticket for Pixars latest offering.

When the credits started to roll this song was played, and I rather liked it, so I decided to add it to the end of the blog.

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment