Monday 18 July 2011

Something Wicked this way comes....

So here I am, another blog, please hold the applause. This past week has been slightly epic. In this respect it has not been hugely epic but there has been one hugely epic moment.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was released on Firday, I logically went on Friday. It was epic, sensation and just outstanding. I loved it. I have grown up with the Potter books, starting off having them read to me by my dad and then as I grew older reading them myself. The books have been a key part of my childhood, they lead to me making some of my best friends as well as an amazing trip to California. I think its safe to say the books have been crucial to my childhood.


Now onto the film, firstly Helena Bonham-Carter, always a brilliant actress but was truly outstanding in this film, in the Gringotss scene Bonham-Carter was playing Hermionie pretending to be Bellatrix (Bonham-Carters Character). This is a beautifully complex concept but she impersonated Emma Watson perfectly, with little mannerisims and even down to the way she held her hands.


Another mention must go to Alan Rickman. The big wide world that is the internet says that Rickman is Potters main shot at an Academy Award and I'm going to be honest with you people of the world I cannot help thinking they are probably right. The Prices tale, an epic chapter in the book, was just excellent, there were few people in the cinema not in tears. The amount of gifs that I have seen on tumblr about Snape and the fateful word that is "Always". I myself posted on tumblr "After Seven books, some amazing times the best moment is just one word, 'always'" Definatley one of my favourite moments of the entire series!


Maggie Smith and Julie Walters are also awesome, Special effects are the best they have been for all the films so far and I think over all probing that the British CAN do films, we can bing out a blockbuster and we can break records as Harry Potter has done all over the world this past weekend.


Thats the end of my rave about Harry Potter, I'm sure my love for it will never die, I also think that it is nearly the end of this blog entry. I have my last official choir session tonight, emotional times indeed. Eras are ending left right and centre. I cant pretend im even close to ready for it.


Ah well, onward to war...

No comments:

Post a Comment