Friday 15 April 2011

Tweet Tweet Tweet Tweet, Tweet Tweet Tweet Tweet, hooray

Though the quote in the title is from Shrek the musical, the blog post is far more predictably about Twitter.'the micro-blogging sensation' I mainly included that quote because of its use of the word sensation. Do love a quick sensation before dinner.

Twitter and I go through phases! There are intact three phases.'Read and write', 'read only' and 'what's Twitter?' I love it I really do, it keeps me up to date with all the news about the royal family, its been great on the run up to the royal wedding. It's where I heard about the engagement for crying out loud, but which phase is the right one?

From a marketing and advertising point of view Twitter is a godsend, people tweet offers and competitions, play.com for example regularily give away stuff on Twitter if you can be bothered to follow then and occasionally retweet what they say. Disney make great use of it as a marketing tool. Then there are its uses as news feeds, newspapers all have a twitter accounts, theatres do, I myself follow several technology news accounts as well as mugglenet, who have been known to post some great things!

So there is definately reasons to read Twitter, to scroll through the feed can often be a worthwhile past time and you can often gain information, but is there any point in me tweeting? I have 57 followers, most of the people I know, let's face it I'm not famous or particularily interesting. So is it worth me tweeting, do people actually care what I am doing/have to say. I'm gonna have to say no.

There we have it, hardly a reasoned argument but a logical thought process. Twitter, the correct mode is read only.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment