Wednesday 9 March 2011

Life is a Rollercoaster, Just Got To Ride it...



Well March arrived. Who knew? Nice of it to turn up. Wish it had come earlier really.

So, I have started rehearsing again, Hip Hip Hooray, for a show called Salad Days with Theatre 2000. its on at the regent in half term and quite frankly I cannot wait. Ridiculous lyrics, Corny music and a magic Piano, its like the show was written for me.

Life at home is borderline horrific at the moment, so we wont dwell on it, I only mention it to point out that it lead to me buying a book called Noel and Cole, abiography side by side of Cole Porter and Noel Coward. Only read a small bit of it so far, but I rather like it. Not Gonna Lie.

I also watched Mr Magoriums Wonder Emporium the other day. I have to be honest, I got it becuase I like the sound of the name but it is actually quite a good film. Really sad, possibly one of the best lines being "I fell so completely in love with these shoes, I bought enough pairs to last my whole lifetime. This is my last pair."There is also a stunning bit of dialogue discussing King Lear which I will also quote:

"When King Lear dies in Act V, do you know what Shakespeare has written? He's written "He dies." That's all, nothing more. No fanfare, no metaphor, no brilliant final words. The culmination of the most influential work of dramatic literature is "He dies." It takes Shakespeare, a genius, to come up with "He dies." And yet every time I read those two words, I find myself overwhelmed with dysphoria. And I know it's only natural to be sad, but not because of the words "He dies." but because of the life we saw prior to the words.
I've lived all five of my acts, and I am not asking you to be happy that I must go. I'm only asking that you turn the page, continue reading... and let the next story begin. And if anyone asks what became of me, you relate my life in all its wonder, and end it with a simple and modest "He died.""

The director probably needs a hanging but altogether a pretty decent film!

Results day tomorrow, could not be more concerned. Jan exams was not a happy time in my life and tomorrow I have to see what affect that had on my grades and where I am going to University. Whats not to dread? Literally terrified.

Lastly and possibly most importantly we move on to the good Lady Bing. She happened to comment that she one day hoped to read my blog and it to be all about her, and though I feel this is not quite possible today as I had other things to mention, I still feel that the Fabulous Lady Bing deserves a quick mention and I wish her the best of luck on her expedition in the hunt of Monkeys, and remind her to contemplate taking nails with her on the trip.

One last quote used in Mr Magorium to close... ( you can tell I liked the film)

"Your life is an occasion. Rise to it"
Tinkerty tonk!

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Sir Steviebabes Huttella.
    From your darling Lady Bing.
    (I like this new use of Lady, keep it up_
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete