Saturday 18 August 2012

Let the River Run


Time is a fickle old thing, it and I have shared an odd relationship over my lifetime and I can never honestly say that I have understood its ways. It is now, with A level Results day but one week away and many of my friends in the position that I was in this time last year that glance back, a rare moment in my life, at how time has treated me.

It definitely marches on that time, when I look at how much has changed in only a year it amazes me the Distance I have come, Ive been through the UCAS system twice, I ended up in the frozen North and now I am back in Highcliffe preparing to spend a year abroad in the United States of America. I know right? Crazy. As I look back 12 months on I have very few regrets, yes it would have been great if things had worked out slightly easier but I don't wish they had. My blood pressure might but I'm not too fussed.

Today was a good day for those in my life. Some excellent results and almost all are very happily no headed to where they wanted to go. Of course a few slip ups here and there but nothing that cannot be ironed out. If you ask me, that is ample cause for a slight celebration! 

In other less eventful news, and quite frankly less deep conversation I saw the Dark Knight Rises yesterday, I'll be honest (I know so many of you cling to this blog for my film reviews
) I thought it was outstanding, I did not think it was as good as The Dark Knight with Heath Ledger as the Joker, but it was still a great Film. Yes Sean Connery and Darth Vaders Love child did start to grate on me by the end but still, I cannot fault either the cinematography or the script, and excellent plotline and a fitting ending to Christopher Nolans epic trilogy. Gary Oldman is as always sensational, just saying.

I still really need to see the Avengers, but that might just have to wait until the I have rewatched the past two Batman Films and have got over my recent Gilmore Girls Phase (I had a craving). This reminds me, Bunheads, a new show on ABC Family starring the ever brilliant Sutton Foster and Kelly Bishop (of Gilmore Girls, hence the link) in a tv show about a Las Vegas Dancer (Foster) who Marries on a whim, goes to live with her new husband who lives with his mother(Bishop), but then the husband dies leaving the dancer there. Written and produced by Amy Sherman-Pallidino (The creator of Girlmore Girls) the script is as fast paced and witty as you would expect. The show is a joy to watch with some genuine laugh at loud moments. I am loving it.

I think that is about all I have to ramble about for the time being, but don't count on it. Im sure I will suddenly change my mind.

Ta Ta

No comments:

Post a Comment